Monday, July 03, 2006

Unleash Your Power, Prepare for the adventure





" I think I learnt so much this NatCon!!"
"For the first time NatCon was so much fun"
"You know what... I'm really glad I came for NatCon"
" Anisha, I think this was the best conference i have been to"
"Thank you MCP for organising such a great conference for us!!!"


I was so touched when i read some of the sugar cubes left for me by my delegates during the last National Convention 2006 held in Universiti Utara Malaysia last June. I think for me, this conference has been really special because it was my first conference as MCP and i wanted it to be a conference that everyone would remember!

I've always believed that a conference should be worth every cent that a delegate is paying to attend and it was my role to live up to that expectation!

I think NatCon for me started in April itself, and together with my newly elected team we worked together towards delivering the best we could for each session.With that came a great lot of responsibility and multi tasking. We were having camps and seminars planned every weekend prior to NatCon and at the same time we still had to keep a lot of energy desiging and planning for the grand finale- National Convention 2006!

But when the week finally came, my team and I were really excited... as we drove up to UUM in our "company cars" hehehehe... 2 black MyVi's... all we could think about was about the delegates and AIESEC in Malaysia's future for 2006/2007!

We were excited, happy but at the same time nervous, because we knew this was it... and there was no turning back!
I dont know if it was because i knew this would be my last National Convention or just because i had very high expectations, but i wanted National Convention 2006 to be PERFECT!

The X-Team ran every session with so much dedication and with the hope that every session with be as impactful as it was for us!
NatCon, was built with a very different concept of using this space to plan for the coming term, where
LC's planned national initiatives and together with action steps and strategies that would take place in their LCs in order to support the National Goals that were set by the LCPs and MCs earlier in the month!
NatCon was planned to give full ownership to LCs to run initiatives and plans that would suit their different realities,wants and needs. Some of the sessions run were,AIESEC Balance score card,SONA, P&P development sessions, AIESEC MBA, Night Stalk, Special workgroups and functional meets for all the management team members.

Overall, it was a great experience for all of us... and i am glad with the outcome of the conference!
And thanks to my teams mates ( all my MC's and LCPs)...from the responce that we got from all delegates, i can sefely say that we have "unleashed our powers and have started on this adventure"!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home