Saturday, March 24, 2007

The BIG GAP!!

Hello everyone... yes yes.. its been a big gap in my life...... not that nothing has happened.... but so much that i didnt have time to update everyone on how awesome my life has been up to now! What has happened in my life after International congress in Poland ( yes i know i just finished part 1...promise to update that once i have settled in,ok?)

Okay here it goes:
September: Work Work....

October: Work Work... preparation for the HEROES COnference in Kuala Lumpur, NLDS Malaysia and AMAN ( my brain child!!!!- the first ever event of its kind!:))

November: Crazy month of working towards 3 mega events! Crazzzzeeeyyyyyyy!

December: It's all about execution and looking back and cherishing all those crazy moments! Yeap it was the month of conferences , my last NLDS took place in my home LC- USM!!!!! Kudos to the facilitators and my MCs for such a magnificient conference :). Right after that, I chaired the first ever regional entreprenership conference here in Kuala Lumpur!- superb! and ending the busy month with AIESEC Malaysia's Awards Night!!!!! The most perfect event i have ever attended- i salute my team mates in making this event a reality, especially for me lah:) and also James for without his opening act, AMAN would not have made such a lasting impression on me! Thanks James!

January: The travel begins! I went to Hong Kong to chair the Winter National Conference- it was awesome, the first time i began to realize that my love for the people of the organisation was not only limited to those from AIESEC Malaysia. I loved this conference very much and tried to add spice to it within my capacity- thank you sister Mindy for giving me this chance :) Anyways, i had a great time in Hong Kong getting inspired seeing the ever so passionate and enthusiastic members of AIESEC Hong KOng and seeing the leaders of the generation being elected, was a very touching moment for me. Being in this position last year, i knew exactly how the candidates felt and with that i knew that whether they get it or not, they had just gone through a life changing experience then and there! Bringing back a lot of memories and feeling rejuvenated after that conference i returned to malaysia bringing more insights to my country!

Just 2 weeks after- i embarked again to Taiwan to again be the chair for their Winter Conference. Firstly, i was extremely excited because i had the chance to meet my baby sister- Sheana.... and i was extremely glad that she invited me to be the chair for her conference and to be able to do my very best for her people there in Taiwan. Members of Taiwan definitely challenged me in every way possible. In Taiwan, the members were extremely eager and willing to want to make a difference. I remember that i never had to have lunch or dinner alone as every day, different LCs would come and make appointments to sit with me during those times or even breaks. And during this time, i was really touched to see how genuine they were with their questions and thirst to know more. Even thinking of them, brings tears to my eyes. I love being in the midst of these kind of people- genuine and sincere!

February- After 2 weeks of being in Malaysia, i hit the skies again but this time, not alone- yeap thats right, it was International Presidents Meet in Egypt, and i was going there with my "baby"- SANDY!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! Yeap, ladies and gentleman, AIESEC Malaysia has the next president for term 2007/2008- and it is one of my babies- Sandy! So anyways- we went to Egypt and were there for 2 weeks! IPM being my last international conference, ( well at least i thought it was then)... was extremely a special conference for me, and of course I cherished every minute of those 12 days! Like always, despite my extended activities after conference hours- I made it a point that no matter how hard I had partied every night, that I made it to plenary and all sessions through out the conference. I also felt extremely responsible to set a good example for Sandy. Remembering my first time in IPM, I felt that IPM was the one conference that really helped in me setting up my first few steps in Malaysia as President and I wanted the same for Sandy in the next term. IPM 2007 was extremely special for me also because it is in this conference that I was really able to show and do something more for my Growth Network- the GN that has shaped me to whom I am today….. AP!!!!! J I became more involved in the GN planning and designing stuff and event proposed the idea of having a regional transition camp for the newly elected MCs- something that I was talking to Sharon and mindy about informally prior to this. I just felt so much love for my GN and the people… and in my mind I only wanted the BEST for AP in the coming term!

March-Anyway, IPM crossed over to March and of course like the previous year, I got to spend my birthday in a foreign land and this year- the ever so beautiful, EGYPT! After IPM, the APians decided to go for our last post tour together and it was beautifully coordinated by Amzad for all of us! ( THANK YOU SOOO MUCH AMZAD!!!!) We had the most amazing time in Luxor and Cairo and was able to visit the wonders of Egypt that I have so often heard about. We spent about 3 days together on a van…heheh so fun lah! We could have maybe seen more of Egypt if there wasn’t such a strict rule on traveling within Egypt which required the police approval and following you as you cross borders of cities or something like that. On top of that we had quite an annoying but it some way quite funny driver. He was always asking for tips for the slightest thing and we being pool AIESEC presidents, had very limited cash to spare and found this quite annoying. Or

Anyways, the most amazing part happened on the eve of my birthday. At night, we all went to dine on a Nile cruise and it was an extraordinary dinner because I was having on the nile river, my first cruise, with my “family members” from over 12 countries and to top it all- there was a traditional wedding on the cruise so we were entertained by traditional Egyptian performances! What more could I ask for man? Anyways, as the clock was about to strike 12am, everyone started singing happy birthday and it ended with an AP group hug with everyone else looking at us strangely. Now,you guys have to check out the youtube of Amzad singing happy birthday to me which is in Mindy’s blog. Why is it special? Well because Amzad is tune deaf (or so we tease him lah…) and so he couldn’t get the tune right and had everyone coaching him on how to sing the song for 3 days through out our trip around Luxor and Cairo.

Anyway no matter how the song sounded, i am extremely fortunate to share this kind of an experience with the people that mean the most to me! I feel like i have been the luckiest person on earth- i mean, how many people will be able to say that " I celebrated my birthday on the Nile River with friends from over 12 different countries?" :):)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice to read from you - thanks for closing the "big gap" and uploading some cool pictures. I'd love to go to Egypt and see the pyramids as well :)

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home