Friday, June 01, 2007

Good Bye Malaysia, Hello Rotterdam!






My last day in Malaysia was extremely hectic with packing and throwing out stuff cuz i couldnt afford to pay more for excess baggage! Hehehe...

Anyways, my parents sent me to the airport that night which i was extremely happy because i was worried my dad would not be able to send me as it was an extremely crazy month for him. But i was glad to at least have some moments with my daddy and mummy on my way to the airport. The 2 people who have been such an inspiration to me and in many ways a benchmark to where i would like to be in years to come! I know it hasnt been really easy to put up with me and my ever changing plans in life, but they supported me all the way to where i am today. I love them very very very much ( even though i may have arguments with my mum most of the time...hehe) but they mean the world to me!

Daddy and mummy, thank you sooo much for everything that you have done for me all these years. I owe everything i am today to the both of you.

Now the airport was an extremely special moment for me. I was greeted by all my old MC mates ( Thomas, Eric, Wei Han) current MC mates (Sandy, Geralynn, Cheekek ( who lied to all of us and said he wasnt coming!!!) and Yokey), New MC team( James, Nick, Jasper) Daryl, Charlie, Jasmine, and some other HELP members and of course my Klang buddy, AIESEC Alumnus and personal photographer, Alan :)

It was a definitely a great send off... my parents and everyone there... it was really hard for me to say bye, but i knew i had to lah. It was really special for me, with Nick video taping every moment that happened in the airport, the tears and byes and roll calls in the middle of immigration, the running from one point to the next point to say bye and wave from the glass windows.... right up to i got into the train... where i knew i had to stand in the last coach so that i could see all of them for the last time.... and when i got into the train i knew " that was it" that would be the last time i saw my team mates and my members... all together... and of course i wanted to see my parents hehehe... it was funny to see them run with the rest from one point to another to see me off too hehehe...:)

So we had our last wave in the train.... and i reached the boarding gates after that. As i was lining up to enter the boarding area, i got a call from James and it was of course, the whole team on the phone! hehehe... They asked me if i was crying yet.. and i said "no" and so they played my favourite song of the week " Kenangan Terindah" of which they knew upon hearing this song, i would just break down * evil people* and they played the whole song till they were convinced i was crying.

It was only then i realized that i had not cried during the whole time in the airport- only because i had spent all my tears crying for the past one month that i had no more tears to shed. Also , i knew that if i cried in the airport, that would make the rest of them feel really bad and sad too... so i put a very brave and strong front that day. But when they called me again after i passed immigration, i didnt cry because of the song but i cried because i just felt this rush of extremely LOVE for these people and the thought of not knowing when will be the next time that i will be able to see all of them together again, was just too much for me to handle at that point of time...besides..also because i knew they were crying on the other side and that made me feel really sad. I just felt like running over and giving all of them a hug ...one last time!

Thats the thing about AIESEC, you never know when will be th e last time that you will meet again- all together. Of course i was sad leaving my family members behind, but i knew that we will meet again- for sure! But in AIESEC, it is very different because we come from different places, different backgrounds, different families and all... which makes it almost impossible to have the same kind of experience that you may have at one point of time ....to happen again!

In the airplane, i opened the huge envelope that Geralynn gave me and inside was a huge card with the lyrics of Kenangan Terindah and a picture of a compilation of our MC 2006/2007 and had it in my hand for hours...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these very personal experiences and feelings of you - so lively written I feel kinda sad myself. But on the other hand, this is such a big chance for yourself and Aiesec Malaysia, I'm sure it was the right decision.

Cheers from Frankfurt

4:57 AM  
Blogger Geralynn Wong said...

That's the best memories I've ever had so far..thank you for everything mummy and miss hugging you now. Take care ok?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Erica is Rich said...

How is AI babe? :)

Tell me, tell me. :)

1:49 AM  
Blogger Sheana Lien said...

Sis!!!
I saw your msg
and give u 10000 kisssss from here

2:44 AM  
Blogger Flic said...

So great to see you're blogging again!

Take care and keep having fun,
flic x

7:18 PM  
Blogger Adelle said...

Ay! I really want to see you lah! But if it doesn't work out during this trip...i know we will cross paths again :). Cheers!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Ethel said...

it was SO great seing you in Turkey and also NL.
You can't imagine. You are one of those that inspires...

bubbly ethel...

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home