Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hyderabad... here i Come!!!!


Yes!!!! Hyderabad it is!!!

I was agenda manager for APXLDS 2007 that was held in Hyderabad in March- yeap my last travel, if not, my team mates are gonna kill me for travelling so much from January till march! Hehehe.. but anyways, the most amazing conference for me was this one of course because few things happened during this conference:

1) I saw the true potential of AP
2) I saw how much power and energy these future leaders had!- Which truly inspired me
3) It challenged my ability to create an agenda/conference that is adaptable to all levels of members in the most diverse region- AP!
4) I met Abhinav and Jeanne, the 2 people that changed my decision to "head for the future" after my MCP term ( I love you guys sooo much!)
5) I had the GREATEST ever FACILITATOR Team! ( 6 guys and 6 girls!!!!) Woo hoo... it was soo much fun learning and working with them through out the conference- definitely the best!
6) I got to meet Huilin- was extremely happy to see her and see how she is doing in India. We stayed with her during pre-meet as we were hosted by ISB during that time. Huilin was really a dear and helped arrange everything! I just love her la!
7) The delegates of this conference truly inspired me and changed my direction in life forever! These individuals made me feel that i had so much more to give the people of this organisation and that my time was not over.... They made me realize how much i love this organisation and the people and made me realize how much i would miss all of this after my MCP term- they made me realize that there was something else i had to do... and if i had to do it, it had to be NOW! :)

APXLDS 2007, for me was extraordinary- so many great memories that i will never forget, i have been the chair or facilitator for many international conferences now, but to have this bunch of diverse delegates alll at one place-reminding you of why You were in AIESEC, was simply very touching for me.
Few moments i will never forget:
1) During one of the suprise sessions, when i sang "Tong Hua", as soon as i finished singing, all the delegates rushed up to me and gave me hugs that were so genuine and sincere. I couldnt hold back my tears, as i heard them chant my name- at that point of time, i just felt an over flow of love for these people...It was my most amazing moment this conference!
2) After Night Stalk- the first time ever bringing night stalk to APXLDS- was kinda scary. I had to convince Abhinav to allow me to run this event, after which much doubt he gave me the green light. ( Thank you for the confidence Abhinav!) and after that, on top of the agenda, i started to create the script and story and stuff, and wished that people would get the point of the game and would enjoy it of course. And of course, after night stalk, i couldnt hear anything else but only how much everyone loved the game and wanted to bring it back to their countries! That again, was a powerful moment for me. I know it may not be such a big deal for many, but for me it was- and to see them enjoy and have so much fun and learn together at the same time ( just what i envisioned the conference to be, ) was simply amazing!

Anyways, APXLDS is over,i met many people who changed my life and inspired me to go on further, i met people who challenged me and in that process taught me many things about myself, about life and about possibilities!

And because of this APXLDS, i decided to go on challenge myself further- something that i never thought i would do... but it was a challenge i was willing to make after everything that i went through during this conference- and i owe everything to these individuals that made a difference in my life...

For everything my dear delegates and facilitators of APXLDS 2007, Hyderabad- THANK YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home